The roots of Bright Christian Church in the Bright community trace back to 1836 when people in the area first began worshipping together. It was in 1886 that this group of believers officially formalized into a church. In 1976 the church relocated from the center of town to its present location, and in 2001 a new auditorium was constructed to accommodate the rapid growth.
Throughout our entire history, BCC has been known as a church that stands on the Word of God, as well as uphold a strong commitment to missions throughout the world.
Today, over 1,000 people make BCC their church home, and we hope you will join with us as we move forward in our ministry to be a 1st century church in the 21st century as we Love God. Love People. Impact The World.
Members of the Christian churches of Bright and Logan formed a congregation under the leadership of Daniel Baldridge. Ground was donated for a church and graveyard, a log building was erected. After some years the group disbanded and the building was used as a school house.
A Second congregation was formed led by J. Thornberry.
A building fund was started, and later a building was dedicated on December 19, 1886.
The congregation was re-organized by C.A. Freer with 82 charter members.
A new addition was started. It was dedicated on March 17, 1957 and the mortgage burned August 30, 1959.
5.7 acres were purchased on State Line Road. Plans for a building were approved in August 1974. The congregation moved into the new facilities September 26, 1976.
The old kitchen and fellowship hall were remodeled into classrooms, and a new kitchen and fellowship hall were built.
A great “worship service in a tent” kicked off our capital campaign, “Touching hearts…Changing lives”.
Dedication of new sanctuary
New sanctuary expansion completed.
May of 2005
Groundbreaking for new education building